Welcome


The title says it all: this blog features physics videos found everywhere on the web: animations, demonstrations, lectures, documentaries.
Please go here if you want to suggest other nice physics videos, and here if I mistakingly infringed your copyrights. If you understand French, you'll find a huge selection of physics videos in French in my other blog Vidéos de Physique.

Friday 18 February 2011

TED Talks: Eric Giler demos wireless electricity

Applications of resonant energy transfer to supply electricity wirelessly.

Other TED Talks

1 comment:

  1. So, high frequency alternating magnetic field induces a current in the nearby coil if the latter is set up correctly...I assume the energy transferred is proportional to the magnetic flux through the secondary coil. Seems to me that how small you are able make the receiving coil is limited by how much inefficiency you're willing to tolerate. So, I can see this could work for large objects, but I wonder how much extra power he had to draw to charge the cell phone- the power cord he used definitely looked a bit hefty.

    ReplyDelete